Monday, February 20, 2012

Lovely Daze

I've been really enjoying a few days off work & using the time to get creative, explore new friendships & savor the beauty of my everyday world.


This past Friday evening, I met up with 2 new art friends, Kaprice & Tracye, to visit & play in altered books we are each busy with.  We decided to call our little group "Journal Junkies" & we'll each be making a themed journal that we will then swap among each other; our themes are Garden (Kaprice's book), Travel (Tracye) & Dress Up (me).  I'll be posting pix of our creations in our books as those come about.


Saturday, I attended my first art journaling class at the Stamp Art Shoppe in Roseville, CA. thestampartshoppe.com & it was WONDERFUL!  Our instructor, Karen, is so much fun & has an amazing depth of fabulous techniques to show us; we'll meet monthly for an entire year & I'm thrilled to be on this journey to explore the world of art journaling!  

A sign posted in the classroom is a great reminder to just jump on in & give it a try:
Here are my supplies I brought for the class:

Playing in my class journal; our assignment is to write a 4 word "self-help" sentence; I immediately thought "art feeds my soul" & that's what I wrote!  I will continue to explore this thought within the pages of my journal.


Later that day, after my class, I strolled through a nearby neighborhood & came upon a lovely tulip tree in bloom, complete with a bench beneath; perfect spot to sit a spell, don't you think?

The sky was blue, the weather was mild & the tulip tree's blooms were soooo pretty:

Much too nice a day to be inside, so I ended up at a favorite spot along the river for a cocktail & to enjoy the sunset:

Missed catching the actual sunset on camera, but love this silhouette of palms against the dusky sky:


What a beautiful day it's been!

No comments:

Post a Comment